Everyone likes to think that their classic car is the best or coolest or most authentic and until now they really had no challenges to their claims. The Peninsula Hotels, home of The Quail, a Motorsports Gathering car show is sponsoring the new Peninsula Classics Best of the Best Award. Now classic car owners and enthusiasts can finally find out which classic cars are indeed the best.
The contestants hail from several big car shows from 2015, including Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, Royal Concours of Elegance, and, of course, The Quail. The six finalists have been selected and they are:
- 1968 Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale from The Quail
- 1965 Ferrari 166 P/206 SP Dino 0834 from Cavallino Classic
- 1937 Talbot-Lago T150C SS ‘Goutte d’Eau from Goodwood Cartier Style et Luxe
- 1932 Isotta Fraschini Tipo 8A S Sport Cabriolet from Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
- 1903 Mercedes 60 HP Simplex from Royal Concours of Elegance
- 1930 Cord L29 Brooks Stevens Speedster from Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance
The incredible 24-person panel of judges includes some of the biggest names in the collector car and design world. Henry Ford III, Ian Callum (Jaguar Cars director of design), Jay Leno (avid classic car collector), Ralph Lauren (fashion icon), and Flavio Manzoni (Ferrari designer) are just a few of the names on the judges list. They have quite a job ahead of them too.
The winner of the 2016 Best of the Best award will be crowned at a private event on August 16. On August 19, the winner will be recognized publicly at the 14th annual The Quail, a Motorsports Gathering.
If you are looking for the best of the best classic car loans, Woodside Credit has you covered. Call us today or visit our website to fill out a Quick Quote or to apply for classic car financing. It’s quick, easy, and we have some of the best terms in the industry. Don’t wait, just go for it!